Building My House

I have always wanted to build my own house. I am retired now, so I have the time. I found some land, designed a house that would fit the land and my needs and got started. I am doing all the work myself, so progress will be fairly slow. To read this blog from the beginning, start with the oldest archive and read posts from last to first.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Construction Site



Here is what the construction site looked like back in late 2004, when this project started. It is a narrow lot about 50 wide by 200 long with 50' of lakefront footage (Lake Hamilton). They normally lower the lake in winter so people can work on boat docks, seawalls and to help kill the algae that grows in the lake.

The four big trees will have to be removed as right now they are all in my future living room.

Also notice the yellow metal building. That is my 22 x 40 garage/workshop; already built when this project started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home