Building My House

I have always wanted to build my own house. I am retired now, so I have the time. I found some land, designed a house that would fit the land and my needs and got started. I am doing all the work myself, so progress will be fairly slow. To read this blog from the beginning, start with the oldest archive and read posts from last to first.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

After Trees Removed



Here is a site view from the lake done the following summer and after three of the walnut trees were removed. The tree on the far left still has to be removed. On the right stacked up is all the big pieces of the first three trees. After the fourth tree came down, we cut up and split all that walnut; got over 2 full chords from it; and then sold it to one of the local barbecue restaurants for enough money to buy my chainsaw, splitting maul and a splitting wedge or two and a nice gift for my girlfriend who split probably a whole chord of that walnut by herself.

Note to self: Never let a woman who can swing a splitting maul get angry at you, especially if she is holding said maul.

You can also see a better view of the workshop, as well as the narrow site access to the right of the yellow workshop. This narrow access will come heavily into play when the footers are poured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home